Take your time to read through the below FAQ’s. If you have any questions that are not answered, please drop us an email.
How much will it cost?
- The current fee to create your website using this service is just £99.00
Who will be designing my website?
- WebsitesByDan.com is the baby brother of Dan Ashton Websites – Dan is an experienced website designer, and has designed websites for many small businesses and clubs throughout the UK and worldwide since 1998. Based in Dorset, UK, Dan is one of the top ranked website designers and remains dedicated to supporting smaller businesses get found online.
Exactly what am I paying for?
- The fee you pay is for us to add the content you submit to a pre-designed, smart and mobile compatible web page. The web page will reflect your logo’s colours, so that appears unique to your business or project. When necessary, we will edit and crop any images to fit the pre-designed layout and format your content to best fit the page to ensure it looks professional. If you use the ‘Text Helper’ form to submit your content, we will also produce your website text for you, based on the information you supply us with. Once we have completed your design, you will be able to preview it and suggest any changes before it is then made live.
Why is this better than trying to design a website myself using an online website builder?
- No matter how simple they make it sound, to build your own website using an online builder you still need to have some understanding on how to lay out a web page, crop and resize images for web use, produce your text and make sure the webpage looks professional. Add to that, you will also need some understanding on how to make the website live too. With our service, we do all this for you. So, literally all you need to do is submit the words and pictures you want on your web page. We’ll take care of the rest.
How do I know if this service is right for me?
- This service is perfect for anyone who needs a smart, simple and modern looking web page set up quickly for their small business or project and don’t have the time or understanding to do it for themselves. If you have a large business with lots of different services, and want to be able to have multiple pages or specify exactly how it looks and works, then you will probably need a different type of website design service.
Do I have any say on how the website will look?
- Not exactly. This is why our service is quick, simple and cost effective. You can see an example of how your website will look on the ‘Get Started’ page. Imagine your own website will look like this example, but with your logo, text and images added instead. Ofcourse, we’ll change the colours to suit your own logo – so the site will look as if it is unique to your business.
Will I get to preview my website before its completed?
- Yes, ofcourse. We’ll send you a link so you can see what it looks like. You’ll be able to request any changes for free within 7 days of being sent the preview.
Are there any extra costs involved?
- The design fee your pay is a one off charge. The only other time you will pay any more money to WebsitesByDan.com is for future updates to your website that are not within the free period, (usually covered by a minimum update fee of £25) or to renew your website hosting if this is not provided by another company. See below.
Will I need Website Hosting and a Domain Name?
- For any website to work, you need website hosting and a domain name. To keep things simple, we do include 12 months FREE hosting for your website, valid from the date of payment. This must then be renewed each year, currently at a cost of £60. Alternatively, you can purchase hosting from any other provider – so long as it is compatible with WordPress. We do not provide domain names. You will need to register your domain name yourself. This is easy and cheap to do through people such as 123-reg or GoDaddy etc. We will need access to your hosting and/or domain control panel to make your website live.
Can I update and edit my website for myself?
- Yes indeed. Once the site is live, if you request it, we will supply you with your own log in username and password. This will allow you to update the website text and images yourself. You cannot make changes to the website design or template however.
How long does it take for my website to be designed and go live?
- Every website can be a little different – but we advise you allow approximately 1-2 weeks for your website to be completed.
Will my website appear on Google?
- Yes. You’ll need to link to your website from social media and other websites, plus submit it to Google. Remember it won’t appear on Google as soon as its gone live. It can take around a week to start showing. We will provide you with more information on this once your website is complete.
What guarantee or support is included with this service?
- We provide inclusive support against any technical issues relating to the design of the website for up to 6 months from date of completion. When hosting is provided by WebsitesByDan.com , we will also provide support relating to any hosting issues for the duration of the hosting period. Inclusive support may be invalidated by any changes being made to the website by the customer or any third party.
What protection is there against my website being hacked?
- We install the latest free version of ‘Wordfence’ to all new websites, which provides a basic level of protection against threats from malicious attacks or attempts to gain access to your website. While rare, the chance of any kind of malicious attacks on any website can never be completely ruled out however. For this reason, websites that are hosted through WebsitesByDan.com are typically backed up each day, with each backup saved for 7 days. If your hosting is provided by any other company, you should ensure your website is backed up as frequently as possible. In the event of your website suffering from a hack, hopefully it can then be restored from a back up. You should check your website daily to ensure its working normally.
Is there anything else I should know?
- Before proceeding, we advise you read through the terms and conditions. While nothing within our terms and conditions should have an adverse effect on the service you will receive from WebsitesByDan.com or spoil your enjoyment of letting us produce your website – they may include finer details that are not covered by the FAQ’s on this page.